It's all about MEEEE!!!

My photo
Grahamstown/Durban/Johannesburg - catch me if you can..., South Africa
Lots of words rhyme with my name(hence the highly original signature above); I'm easily obsessed with anything that catches my attention; I have to have 7 ice cubes in my drink; I LOVE animals - especially my dogs, yes I do make kissy faces at them, don't hate; I'm useless at keeping up with current affairs, yet perfectly capable of keeping up with celebrity news; I hate crowds and bananas; I don't like House music; I love buying things, but i don't like throwing things away; I believe people need something to believe in; I think I know everything; If Eward existed, he would not look like Robert Pattinson, That Harry Potter epilogue destroyed everything; I bet HP is actually gay and shacks up with Draco Malfoy and finds out that Snape is his real father... ...and all those other cliched cliches. I like cake; but if you're going to bribe me, do it with chocolate. Or money.

Monday 29 October 2012

...but I'm not wearing any pants?!

Recently (i.e. Sunday), I found myself caught between two choices which, at the time, seemed incredibly important and life-changing. Twenty minutes before this, I had ordered Nandos, and the delivery man had just phoned me to say that he was downstairs. This seems very normal, I'm sure, and usually it would be; except for the fact that I wasn't wearing any pants. I won't go into the reason for this, but shall instead swiftly switch the focus to my dilemma: I could put on pants, go downstairs in agony (we'll get to that) and retrieve the food of the Gods; OR stay upstairs in comfort and warmth, but go hungry - the delivery guy would get the hint eventually. A third option was presented to me today on Facebook - I could have gone downstairs without pants. I do have plans on getting arrested at some point in my life (it's on my bucket list), but I don't want it to be for indecent exposure - I feel like I can aim higher. I feel like that was an unintentional double entendre. Oh well, I won't tell if you don't.

I have found myself in many a similar situation over the years - the dileemma-thing, not the indecent exposure-thing. One such one was just the other day after doing laundry: I could fold my clothes, put them away and languish in a tidy bedroom. But then I started thinking (a dangerous endeavor - don't try this at home, kids), why should I give them the satisfaction? They don't own me!!! In fact, I OWN THEM! Yes, yes I do. And so this is how the clothes-shuffle came about. When I need to sleep, the clothes go on the floor. When I need to walk across the floor, the clothes go on the bed. Except that things got confused and I once slept on a pile of clothes - did you know that it actually incredibly comfortable? Although, I suppose anything would be in comparison to res-provided beds and mattresses...

Oh, and re: the agony mentioned above; I went gone to gym EVERY DAY last week. Impressive, no? My thighs hurt.

Here's the expected video accompaniment to this post!:) This might seem random to everyone except to Jess, Adelle, Karen and a few other peeps from Camp Jaycee - here are our videos from America. I couldn't post them on Facebook because apparently my right to post vids has been blocked due to posting copy-righted material. I don't know why. Must have been the Rebecca Black vid. And the Lonely Island Stuff. And all the other stuff.

Okay, first up - our drunken, personal version of the hit of that summer. Yes, I know it's upside down, but I think the 'drunken' pretty much explains that:



Next is Karen's trauma and Jurjen's method of comfort:




And then we have some dancing:



Aaaaand some presenting of the Grand Canyon by Karen...


Lastly, breaking it down in SanFran:


Enjoy your week kids!








2 comments: