It's all about MEEEE!!!

My photo
Grahamstown/Durban/Johannesburg - catch me if you can..., South Africa
Lots of words rhyme with my name(hence the highly original signature above); I'm easily obsessed with anything that catches my attention; I have to have 7 ice cubes in my drink; I LOVE animals - especially my dogs, yes I do make kissy faces at them, don't hate; I'm useless at keeping up with current affairs, yet perfectly capable of keeping up with celebrity news; I hate crowds and bananas; I don't like House music; I love buying things, but i don't like throwing things away; I believe people need something to believe in; I think I know everything; If Eward existed, he would not look like Robert Pattinson, That Harry Potter epilogue destroyed everything; I bet HP is actually gay and shacks up with Draco Malfoy and finds out that Snape is his real father... ...and all those other cliched cliches. I like cake; but if you're going to bribe me, do it with chocolate. Or money.

Monday 16 January 2012

Today This Girl dies of technophobism and grammar nazism

I fully realise that the title of this post makes little to no sense; but you get to a certain point where you just stop caring about being correct - politically, grammatically or otherwise.

Usually I love messing around with gadgets and whatsits with cool little thingamajoggys that need 20% manual-knowledge and 100% fiddling-til-you-find-out-what-THAT-does-knowledge. Today - not so much. To provide some backstory - when i was on a gap year in 2010, I bought an iPhone4 in America with the money I made working at a summer camp. Despite many people telling me that it wouldn't work when i got back to South Africa due to 'exclusivity rights signed by Apple and AT and T', obviously I bought it anyway. Sometimes, when I got through particularly self-loathing stages in life, I think I may have bought it as a challenge. Tell me I can't use it when I get back? You simply MUST be lying, I will prove you wrong using some of the $1800 painstakingly earned over 9 weeks of my life to buy this wonderful piece of gadgetry! I guess the joke's on me then.

To get back to the point, after two years of attempts to use the phone through methods such as jailbreaking (waaay too complicated for such a so-called 'simple procedure'), Gevy sim (actually worked for a while until I stupidly tried to update my iPhone's software) and finally, the legal way (phoning Apple in America to try ask them to unlock the phone so I can use it here) I have finally admitted defeat and have officially given up.

Long story short, I am now the proud owner of an $800 paperweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment