It's all about MEEEE!!!

My photo
Grahamstown/Durban/Johannesburg - catch me if you can..., South Africa
Lots of words rhyme with my name(hence the highly original signature above); I'm easily obsessed with anything that catches my attention; I have to have 7 ice cubes in my drink; I LOVE animals - especially my dogs, yes I do make kissy faces at them, don't hate; I'm useless at keeping up with current affairs, yet perfectly capable of keeping up with celebrity news; I hate crowds and bananas; I don't like House music; I love buying things, but i don't like throwing things away; I believe people need something to believe in; I think I know everything; If Eward existed, he would not look like Robert Pattinson, That Harry Potter epilogue destroyed everything; I bet HP is actually gay and shacks up with Draco Malfoy and finds out that Snape is his real father... ...and all those other cliched cliches. I like cake; but if you're going to bribe me, do it with chocolate. Or money.

Thursday 17 February 2011

Today This Girl dies from over-analysation

I've always found that starting something is one of the hardest things in the world (the many years that have seen me procrastinating right up until the last minute can attest to that) so you must understand that this first post is quite the achievement. Especially after all the niggling over the small details of the blog layout, colours, etc,etc,etc... Really unnecessary considering I'm supposed to be working.

So, getting down to business, this fantastic little blog exists for the sole purpose of chronicling the life and many indecisions of your truly. Who is 'yours truly'? I'm glad you asked, I've been dying to talk about me all along. Well, for starters there's a neat little fast run-through-answer of that very question at the top of this page; as for more, I'll start with the usual - my name is Kelly, yes I have Facebook, yes I have Twitter, yes I have BBM. Funny how those last three affirmations are all you really need to know - in fact you don't even need to carry on reading, you can just find out the rest of my name and proceed with the Facebook-stalking; which is why I shall henceforth forever be known as just - Kelly; unless my mother is reading this, in which case it doesn't matter coz she Face-stalks me anyway. Even though the single name, considering the success of Beyonce/Adele/Madonna/Rihanna, is actually a good thing, I'll probably end up giving the game away at some point. On the right is my Twitter feed, you're welcome to stalk me there along with all the other strange characters declaring themselves to be 'young, hot and ready for action', and because I have a little techno geek bounding around in my brain, there'll also be a few gadgets hanging around the page - Youtube videos, etc; and I'm definitely not giving out my BBM pin, that's just inviting disaster...

As for the rest of the basics, I could be an 80 year gap-toothed man with a good-sized paunch going on and you wouldn't know the difference if I told you otherwise, but I'll tell you that I'm an almost-twenty-something student doing a Bachelor of Journalism at a certain University in sunny South Africa anyway.

So, if I've managed to keep you mildly entertained for this long, then that can be my major achievement of the day (sad considering I had a long to-do list of important university related stuff) and I can sign off with a little quote from the movie I'm currently hooked on, and which fits the current weather and mood in general of my little sphere of consciousness because 'I've gotta pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine; I've got a love and it's all mine, oh, uwooo...'.

Yes I did just quote Natasha Beddingfield, but it's from Easy A so that makes it okay - feel free to sing long.



No comments:

Post a Comment